Petra and Wadi Rum Shore Excursion
Group Tour to Petra and Wadi Rum from Aqaba Port will take you back to the magical time of Jordan, best shore trips Aqaba. You will be picked up from Aqaba port by the cruise exit door. After that, you will be transferred by an air-conditioned vehicle for about 1.5 hours to the rose red city of Petra. First started in the 6th century B.C. by Nabataean Arabs the city boasts beautiful facades carved directly into the walls of the mountain sides.
Arriving at the visitor’s centre it’s a 700-meter walk to the Siq entrance which is an impressive 1200 meter long gorge of a kaleidoscope of colours the towers more than 80 meters above you. As you exit the chasm you’re instantly transfixed by the beauty of Petra, chosen as one of the New World Wonders, the place speaks for itself.
After your time at Petra, you make your way back through the Siq and head to lunch at a local restaurant. From there you take a one and half hour drive to the protectorate of Wadi Rum a sprawling desert landscape that impresses you at every turn. Made famous by the film Lawrence of Arabia, there are canyons and cliff, sand dunes and ancient rock glyphs. Finally, you will be driven back to the cruise in Aqaba.
Tour Duration :
Small Group Tour ( Minimum 2 )
Tour Run on :
Tour Pickup Time :
Around 07:00 AM
- Pick up services from Aqaba Port and return
- All transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driverLunch at Local Restaurant
- Local English speaking spot guide in Petra from the entrance to the Treasury ( 2 -3 ) hours .
- Entrance fees to Petra and Wadi Rum
- Short horse ride in Petra 700 meter
- Approx 1.5 hours 4x4 Jeep tour in Wadi Rum
- Service charges and taxes
- Any extras not mentioned above
- Any Drinks